Yes, it’s true. Every baby is unique, and every mom has her go-to selection of preferred brands. Of course, trial and error may seem like the only way to go to find what works best. But we thought we’d go ahead and make a fail-proof list of baby care brands the moms and dads we talked to swear by, as a starter guide for young parents looking to build their baby care collection.
1. MUSTELA – a favorite amongst most, the range includes pretty much everything, from baby shampoo that leaves hair perfectly clean and is gentle on the scalp to the Stelatopia emollient cream that soothes itching and irritation and helps rebalance the skin flora. All available on www.mustela.com
2. WELEDA – a label as perfect for adults as it is for babies. Using only the highest-quality organic calendula and chamomile extracts, the free of parabens and synthetic preservatives calendula range is perfect for your baby’s delicate, soft skin. Get it on www.weleda.com
3. DESITIN – as unpleasant as it may be, diaper rash is something that every baby is most likely to experience once. But worry not, Desitin’s dermalogically-tested products are just what you want, offering instant relief and creating an instant creamy skin barrier. Learn more on www.desitin.com
4. BURT’S BEES – coveted by people of all ages, it has everything you may wish for your baby. Plus beautiful packaging! From the Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment to SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, pile these high on your have-to-have list. All on www.burtsbees.com
5. ALMOND OIL – trust us, you will use it as much on yourself as on your baby. Known for its gentleness on sensitive baby skin which prevents moisture loss from the skin, its sweet aroma makes it good enough to eat. Available in health food stores or organic pharmacies, also online